Sunday, June 15, 2008

Happy Father's Day

Happy Father's Day to all you wonderful dads out there and an especially Happy Father's Day to my Dad as well as to my husband, David (easily 2 of my most favorite people in the world):) I had the privilege of growing up with an amazing, fun, caring, nurturing and supportive Dad who to this day is still his little girl's hero as well as one of her dearest friends. Now I have the honor of raising my son with a magnificent husband who is also such a good father that his little boy thinks he hung the moon. He is everything I could ever want as the father of my child. The Daddy-Noah reunion at the end of each day or at the end of each business trip is the sweetest thing in the world. When that door opens, Noah's face lights up like a Christmas tree and the pitter-patter of his little feet as he runs as fast as he possibly can across the room with his arms wide open into the big, strong, comforting embrace of his Daddy, all the while shouting "Daddy, Daddy, Daddy!" And with no time to relax or recover from a long day at work, on the road, on a plane, in another country or from the horrible Atlanta traffic commute, it's on the floor for David as he tickles Noah, plays with him, showers him with hugs and kisses and elicits endless rounds of precious giggling. There is no greater love. I know I am lucky and not a day goes by that I don't thank God for my upbringing and for my current circumstances. I put together a framed photo collage of David and Noah from the last 18 months so he could take it to his office. Here it is--although it is a bit small so if you click on the photo you can see the detail much better.



What makes a Dad (author unknown)

God took the strength of a mountain
The majesty of a tree,
The warmth of a summer sun,
The calm of a quiet sea,
The generous soul of nature,
The comforting arm of night,
The wisdom of the ages,
The power of the eagle's flight,
The joy of a morning in spring,
The faith of a mustard seed,
The patience of eternity,
The depth of a family need,
Then God combined all these qualities and
When there was nothing more to add,
He knew his masterpiece was complete...
And so he called it...Dad.

1 comment:

Candace said...

I put that same poem in my hubby's Father's Day card from my daughter!

A very moving poem!