Wednesday, November 5, 2008

Halloween...Star Wars Style

I haven't posted in three weeks and when I explain everything we have done in the past 3 weeks it will be obvious why there has been no blog activity! First we made a trip to Baltimore for David's cousin's wedding the weekend of October 18th. We had a nice Nelson and Hollis weekend family reunion up there and I will post pictures from that as soon as I catch up on other postings. Then we returned on October 20th, repacked, re-grouped and left on the 23rd to drive down to visit my family in FL and we were gone for 10 days...during that time there was a trip to David's job site, a Fitzgerald family reunion, UF homecoming festivities, a trip to Disney, Halloween/Trick-or-treating and then after all of that David and I went to Jacksonville for the famous Florida-Georgia football game. The 10 days were a whirlwind and we are still not recovered but I have soooooo many pictures and postings from all of those trips that I have to start somewhere so I am starting with Halloween....so I don't end up so behind that I end up posting Trick-or-Treat pictures in December!

Since my sister's family was also in FL for Halloween and the kids all wanted to do a Star Wars theme, we went along with them and Noah was a little "Yoda". Nicholas was a little Darth Vader and Shannon and Alyssa were....I'm not sure...some characters from Star Wars...they told me several times but I can never remember who they were (Jedi or something). Anyone that knows me knows I am NOT a Star Wars expert or even really a fan (Sorry David) so it was really hard for me to even agree to let Noah be Yoda when I had envisioned him being a cute little monkey or fireman or something like that for Halloween!

We were worried at first Noah would not want to keep his costume on and would not wear the Yoda hat. We were worried he would have no clue how to say "Trick-or-Treat" and the whole process would be a waste of time. Not to fear--he was an expert after one house. He LOVED every minute of it and it was truly a blast to get to see him trick-or-treat for the first (real) time and to do it with his cousins, parents and Papa!







An action shot. He meant business!




Yoda and Darth Vader taking a rest before the candy hunt







He loved getting to have his Papa help him Trick-or-Treat



After the first house he totally got the hang of it and is showing in this picture what an expert trick-or-treater looks like. Look who's first in line...








David expressed concern that this might mean his son is a "tree hugger" :)







No comments: