Sunday, July 6, 2008

The summer is flying by

Where has the time gone? I can't believe I haven't blogged in 3 weeks! Luckily it is not due to some horrific illness or injury...it's simply because I have not been home. Once upon a time, a few months ago, I found myself looking at our summer calendar and thinking "wow, we have nothing going on this summer....how bored I'm going to be with not working or any plans to look forward to" and then I had the bright idea of adding about a million things to the summer and before i knew it, I found myself living out of a suitcase and poor Noah living out of a pack-n-play! Just since our Memorial Day weekend trip to the lake and our trip to Baltimore in early June, I've made a quick trip down to Gainesville, a 1500 mile (roundtrip) road trip with my mom and Noah to Ohio and a long weekend back at the lake for the 4th of July holiday. (Not to mention, David continues to fly to Mexico every week for work so we really have been like 2 ships passing...). The trip to Gainesville was a blast--while David and Noah bonded with my parents at their house, I had a girls' weekend with my 2 college roommates celebrating our 10-year college graduation...we did it up right and even stayed at the University hotel right in the middle of the University of Florida campus and revisited all of our old hangouts and did tons of reminiscing. GO GATORS!! Then it was back to Atlanta for 2 days of recovery/laundry/unpacking and repacking and then my mom and I were off to Ohio to visit our family and attend the wedding of one of my cousins. (Note to self..it is never, ever, never, ever, never, ever a good idea to take a toddler to a wedding but that story will have to wait for another time). With the exception of the wedding (which I drove 700 miles for but missed because I was chasing Noah around, but...again..another time for that story) Noah was as good as gold for all of the trips and seemed to really enjoy himself. He has cousins galore to play with him and aunts and uncles to dote all over him. We arrived back home from Ohio and Noah sure was glad to see his daddy! I've never seen such a happy reunion. Noah wouldn't let David out of his sight for the next few days and squeals with glee every time he sees David. We then unpacked and repacked (again!) and went up to the lake for a fun weekend with our friends. We did nothing but play, go on boat rides, go on jet ski rides and eat good food. Good times were had by all. Noah was exhausted when we got home and thrilled to see his bed. He slept in til the glorious hour of 8:30 this a.m.! So...that is our last 3 weeks...in a very small nutshell. Have I mentioned we leave in 2 weeks to go to Denver for a week?



A boy with his wheels...




Happy 4th of July!




Not really sure what this look is for...
Is this when "road rage" begins?





Fun on the boat





Aren't I a cutie?




We actually walked in on Noah and Reagan kissing....Oh my!



1 comment:

-Bridget said...

Reagan's missing Noah. Come over soon for a swim!