Friday, August 8, 2008

God bless the professional photographers of the world

While out in Denver, Stacy and I wanted to take advantage of having all 4 of our kids together so we went to “Portrait Innovations” to attempt family pictures of everyone. It was time to get pictures of Noah done anyway and I figured it would be helpful to do it with my sister--one of the most experienced moms I know. I hadn’t had Noah’s pictures taken in a while and even though after the “passport incident” when I vowed to never take him in for pictures again, I had a momentary lapse of memory and agreed to this endeavor. I even brought several changes of clothing for him to get lots of good pictures. Needless to say it was a near disaster and he didn’t get to wear any of the cute outfits. Out of the 105 pictures they took, there was only ONE good one of Noah (and that ONE took an act of God, let me tell you!) We finally got a decent shot of all 4 kids together but Noah isn’t smiling at all in that picture. He spent the entire photo shoot crying and trying to escape from the studio. I think the photographers were quite happy to see our brood leave!(especially since they weren't too thrilled to begin with when we marched in for our appointment with 4 kids including a 22 month old and a 2-year old.)

I'm mostly going to post the actual good pictures that we got (most of the good pictures are of my sister's children). This first picture is an excellent example of how the majority of the photo shoot went.



Yep, this is Noah, acting as if we are yanking off his toenails one by one when in fact all we are doing is trying to take his picture. He is most definitely emotionally scarred from the "passport incident"



When we got there we told the photographer that our main goal was to get a great picture of all 4 kids together. "No problem," she said. Ha! Noah was so difficult that out of the attempted 50 pictures she took of all 4 kids, this was THE one and only acceptable picture of all 4.




I thought this one was cute. I really envisioned a ton of good photos of Noah in all his different outfits with different backdrops, etc. Nope.



I count myself LUCKY to get this one good, classic picture of him. The way he carried on and wouldn't even go near the camera (he was hiding in the waiting area the majority of the time) I can't even believe we got him to pose for a few pictures.




Nicholas was a breeze to photograph and really hammed it up for the camera



I can hardly believe how fast my nieces are growing. It seems like just yesterday I was packing my bags and moving from FL to GA because Shannon was 2 and Alyssa was a baby and I couldn't stand being so far away from them. Now they are 7 and 9! Next thing I know they'll be off to college. They are the best kids ever.


Nic really enjoyed the photo shoot



Didn't know we had so many cowboys and cowgirls in the family




Nicholas having more fun with his cowboy hat



I made this collage just so it seemed like I had more than one picture of Noah I liked



Shannon, Alyssa and Nicholas. So sweet.

1 comment:

-Bridget said...

Cristie, the pictures turned out great. One good photo is all it really takes, anyway. I hadn't seen Stacy's kids in a while. They couldn't been any cuter. Nicolas looked like he was having so much fun!

I want to take on Noah as a personal challenge. Give me a call. Let's plan some time together just for this. I want to photograph Noah for you to see if I can get you any more pictures to add to your collection.