Tuesday, September 16, 2008

"Baby, where'd ya get those blue eyes?"

My friend Bridget took a couple of photos of Noah the other day and emailed these to me. Sometimes I still can't believe how blue Noah's eyes are (or how red his hair is) when my hair color and eyes are so dark. A few months after Noah was born and we figured out his deep blue eyes must be here to stay, we traced them back to his great-grandmother on David's side who apparently had deep blue eyes. I came across this on the internet today:

****"If you have blue eyes, you may be related to every other blue-eyed person in the world. Researchers in Denmark have found that every person with blue eyes descends from just one "founder," an ancestor whose genes mutated around 6,000 years ago. Before then, everyone had brown eyes."***********************








No comments: