Monday, September 22, 2008

"Over the river and through the woods...

(And around the lake and up the mountain)....to Grandmother's house we go"...This past weekend we traveled an hour north to David's mom's new house in the mountains. We had a lovely time and enjoyed the magnificent views from their home. The lake is charming and there is lots to do. I know a certain little boy who is going to have many fond memories of this place over the next few years. We packed a lot into 2 days. In addition to watching lots of SEC football and enjoying the hot tub, we had several home cooked meals together, walked by the lake, saw a waterfall, took Noah to the playground, the "beach" and the horse stables. The weather was the perfect glimpse into the fall season. I was relieved we didn't encounter any bears (which they have seen right in their backyard) but we did see many, many deer. They were everywhere, so Noah (and I) really got a kick out of that. My highlight of the weekend was that Noah...finally... started...calling.... me....Mommy!!! After all this time--all the pleading, begging, coaxing, bribing finally paid off and he quit calling me Daddy. It has been music to my ears hearing his sweet voice call "mommy" and run across the room to me. I'm trying to forget that he learned about 50-60 OTHER words before this one important one, but who's counting?
Here are a few of my favorite pictures from the weekend
















No comments: