Thursday, May 22, 2008

Birthday Surprises

It's been a few days since I have posted a blog entry. I've been busy soaking up all the birthday surprises David had in store for me. My birthday was this past Monday but the surprises started 2 days before on Saturday night, which disproves my theory that David waits til the last minute to plan for holidays/birthdays. (Sorry, honey, I was wrong). We came back from a bar-b-que at a friend's house and when I walked in the door I was quite startled to see my parents standing in my living room. He had arranged for them to be there to surprise me. I was in shock to see them and Noah was so thrilled and immediately said "Papa!!!" The surprises continued as the following evening I prepared the house to host our weekly bible study only to find out that they were there to surprise me for my birthday instead. We had a delicious grilled dinner (compliments to Chef David) and Noah thoroughly enjoyed the birthday cake. I was a little embarrassed but it was cute--he went around to every one's plates begging for food and stealing cake right off of their forks. The sweet tooth has finally set in. David's mom was also able to be there so Noah got to be spoiled by BOTH Grandmas for a little while. :) The birthday rounded out on Monday with a lovely dinner at Ray's on the River (yummy!) and David had arranged for 4 very dear friends of mine to be there as a nice little surprise and that was wonderful. So, it was definitely a birthday full of surprises and I have a very thoughtful hubby to thank.
David had to fly out to Mexico early the next morning, as usual, but with my parents here this week I had an extra treat since I didn't have to be by myself while he was gone. It turned out to be very fortunate for me (not so much for them) as we had horrible tornado scares that night and spend much of the evening in the basement glued to the weather reports. I was so grateful to not be alone during that scare!
Noah, as usual, thoroughly enjoyed Grandma and Papa being here and I was able to get some cute pictures of him with them.





1 comment:

Sarah said...

Awww - cute pics! Happy Belated Birthday!!! :)